The Rise in the Popularity of Safety Apparel
• Clothes are among one of the four basic human necessities that have long been used to protect the body from the external elements, of which there are plentiful nowadays. Therefore, “protective clothing” or “safety clothing” has been developed in various forms.
• Million Insights, a research firm, said that the recovering global economy contributes to the growth of demand for safety apparel in 2022 as many industries have an increasing need for these commodities.
• In the future, many industries will have an increasing need for lightweight, comfortable, and durable “safety apparel.” The demand for versatile clothing that is highly resistant to chemicals and mechanical equipment will also rise. These trends are expected to drive further growth of safety apparel in the coming years.
Clothes are among one of the four basic human necessities that have long been used to protect the body from the external elements, of which there are plentiful nowadays. Therefore, “protective clothing” or “safety clothing” has been developed in various forms and are essential in almost every industry. This is because they help shield wearers from dangerous working conditions or accidents. At the same time, there is a psychology related to clothing. For examples, rescue workers will feel more confident working in highly volatile situations with protective gears, or consumers walking into a restaurant will feel more at ease seeing the restaurant staff wearing masks, aprons or gloves for hygienic purposes.
The impact of COVID-19 in the past few years has led to very strict lockdown regulations in many countries. This ultimately resulted in the disruptions of the import and export of safety apparel. The situation has created public awareness on the importance of safety products. Million Insights, a research firm, said that the recovering global economy contributes to the growth of demand for safety apparel in 2022 as many industries have an increasing need for these commodities. Examples of these industries include petroleum and gas, construction, manufacturing, healthcare and medical, mining, military, firefighting and law enforcement, and many other industries. All of these sectors need protective apparel for their workers, officers, and staff as one of preventive measures against accidents and health-related problems from working hazards, and to provide wearers with more confidence in their working routines.
Currently, the most common protective equipment in demand includes helmets, hard hats, respirators, night vision goggles, ear covers, face shields, fall protection systems, safety gloves, welding gloves, welding jackets, safety shoes and clothing. Typically, these apparels are made from Dupont fabric which performs five specific functions: 1) Nomex fiber which is inherently flame resistant, light weight and breathable, so it helps wick sweat and keeps the wearers dry and comfortable 2) Tychem protects the wearers from corrosive gases, vapors and liquid chemicals. 3) Kevlar aramid is the ideal protective fabric against heat, cuts and abrasion. 4) Tyvek is used for general industrial protection with an ideal balance of comfort, protection and durability for workers in industrial and contamination control environments such as in the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, automotive, and utility facilities; and 5) ProShield garments are designed to protect against harmless aerosols and dry particles. These are comfortable, affordable and disposable.
It is expected that the regions that will dominate the safety apparel market include North America (USA, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia and Turkiye), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia and Vietnam), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia), Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa). Moreover, more industries will need the lightweight, comfortable, and tear-resistant “safety apparel” in the near future. The same trend will apply to garments which are highly resistant to chemicals and mechanical machinery. These high demands are expected to help drive the growth of safety apparel in the coming years.
• Protective Clothing Market Size In 2022: 4.2% CAGR with Top Countries Data, What trends are influencing the growth of the Protective Clothing Industry? | In-depth 96 Pages Report
• Protective Clothing On The Rise